22 February 2008

i think spring is here



I took the mooch to the big park.. This big park is like the central park of the city. It is very large and even when there is a lot of people there, it still seems like there is room for everyone. Part of the park houses this amazing shinto shrine as well as various other historical things to see. It also has the dog run I mentioned in another post and LOTS of space!! I think the winter has finally ended because it really was coatless weather. I remember the weather when I lived in Japan, how accurate the weather forecasts were and when it says snow tomorrow, it will snow....It is the same for the seasons, very accurate and on schedule. Im not too sure how global warming is going to effect the accurate predicitions?! However, I am very happy that it feels like it has turned the corner. I can see some small buds already blooming into flowers while out walking. We are very lucky to have a garden and in it a ready to burst camellia tree. I dont know what colour the flowers are so I am really looking forward to see it bloom. The photo above is one of many I took while to mooch was grovelling about. You can see things look a bit barren after a cold winter and the ground is very dusty and cold. I snapped this in a second where the mooch just stopped and knelt down and looked up at a small white plastic bag tangled in the tree top. If you look closely he has his finger out ready to point. It captures a lovely moment.

2 comments:

Sueblimely said...

I have been reading your blog with interest. I somehow did not expect to see large empty parks, thinking that land was at a premium in suburban Japan. I would love to visit Japan myself sometime.

Roger Haus said...

Fantastic picture!
Caught a lovely moment, yes! I love it!
Huges from Barcelona :D