2 November 2008

happy halloween part 2

Inspired by a cat I made recently and a conversation after with a super sweet friend, I decided our costumes for Halloween would follow the Owl and the Pussycat theme......great and grand plans to try and spend a little and create a lot ensued.....

but not before some snacks for the picnic were planned...choc and choc chip mini cupcakes.....

I was to be the pussycat, black clothes and a mask, easy peasy...the elaborate costume was for the moo...the little owl.....so I collected some goodies, paint, coffee drip filters and old scarf made from fleece fabric and some elastic. My plan was to make a kind of cape and have the feathers made from the coffee filter papers and to have a kind of mask that was more of a headband with the face of both owl and pussycat attached...so....



I cut out some basic shapes and painted them with a sponge using brown paint. I then used calligraphy ink to paint quickly the shape on each "feather"....


roughly cutting the fabric and pinning on each feather I attached them by sewing them in rows until...

an owl cape!! I planned to put elastic on each corner to put around his wrists to keep it from slipping off but then thought it should be as simple as possible to get off if needed so I planned to secure it at the front of the neck with a small clip pin BUT....


this was as close as it got to his body.......he hated it and screamed everytime it came near him....













No comments: