8 September 2009

clouds...

lots of happy ones....such nice weather these days, not too hot, after many hot, hot days. I like it now and wish it could stay this way. The mornings show promise of what's to come....a little chill here and there....I've been walking the pooch at night since it is much cooler. I feel so safe walking, even down little alleyways. I will miss the unspoken safety in Tokyo of peoples and properties. I cannot say I would feel the same walking at night at 9 or 10pm at home. But its not time to leave yet so I can keep soaking up this place. It's coming up to 5 years living in Japan..my Japanese is still poor, but better than when I first arrived....I have no good excuse for my lack of fluency. I do however, understand the culture much better this time. I watched people saying good morning to each other today while waiting for the pool to open. Most people bow, even just a little bit, to friends and bow a lot to seniors and one man stopped, mid-walk to bow, and then keep walking. This was all accompanied by bright "Good Mornings"....I think it is wonderful to watch such respectful habits. Is Japan the only country that still bows like this as an everyday habit?

No comments: