16 January 2010

I'm ok

I miss drawing and so have just bought some manky pencils and textas from the supermarket until my nice ones arrive....actually, I'm much happier with the result! It is more due to a very nice new scanner, not really expensive at all but I guess just being new means newer technology allowing it to do a better job at scanning than an old printer, a noisy printer, an awful one, really!....I raked a lot of woodchips in the garden today. Although I exercise a lot I dont do that kind of physical work. I didn't realise how hard it is and how much energy you need to do it, and its just a small garden! But amongst all the sweating and swearing, it is very satisfying to get dirty hands and make progress and clean up the garden...and there is some time to think thoughts about life generally and the state of the earth and how things die and grow and die and grow and what was in the earth a long time before we got here. I have not finished but its too hot for an inexperienced gardener (me) and my apprentice Mooch and coffee is calling my name. It is my one true indulgence!
......while we worked, he took a rest...can you believe this lovely hound dog just traveled to and from Japan and spent the past month in quarantine? He is an amazing dog, so calm and gentle and sweet. I expected him to be affected and a bit out of sorts but this is how he always is, seeks the sunny spot and every so often come out to see what's happening. Even his morning routine is the same, he comes to check in every one's room to say good morning!...and of course he is so happy to see everyone, bit tail wagging and sneezing and yawning and licking his lips, all signs of a very happy whippet!

No comments: