31 December 2007

the year of endurance, leassons and happiness



Wishing you all a very happy new year with a bright 2008 to look forward to and a full 2007 to reflect upon. For me, this year has been absorbed with being a first time Mum and experiencing all the highs and lows and making adjustments in my life to be responsible for another life. The changes in my boy this year are going to be the most rapid I will see in his life and bearing this in mind, I have tried to enjoy this year as much as I can, despite the tough days (or nights). I have managed to let go of the early anxiety about feeding, pooing and sleeping and now with those things under control focus on other, more enjoyable areas. My time is never my own and I am OK with that now, knowing soon he will be at school and these close days will be over. I am appreciative that when I get the chance to snatch a few minutes to myself I am really grateful. I realise that although I can handle a lot, I find it difficult to handle a LOT of things at once, so some things slip and its OK, now. The things that have kept me sustained, loved and sane this year are my most special loved one, life partner and soul mate, Soony, my dearest family, my friends and of course Long Long. Without all of them I cannot survive, this year more than ever, I apprecitae you all. Thank you.

We have an exciting year planned for 2008. There will be many changes still to come and I am looking forward to seeing, doing, eating, smelling, learning and listening to new things. There was a guy on TV the other night who said they had found a new patch to drill for gas and it has enough energy to last for 60 years. There was once a time when I thought 60 years was a VERY long time, not so now. I thought about how old I would be in 60 years (very) and what I would be doing. I realised in 60 years time, I will not be able to easily pack up and live overseas and I will be much more limited in doing things that I 'always wanted to do'. I am looking forward to 2008!! Lots of love to you all, always xxx

No comments: