26 January 2007

many dogs and things



Its been a little while since we spoke.....I saw this dog and lady walking very slowly in the afternoon sun, the little dog looking up every now and again to make sure there were no new commands. I met another lady who stopped to pat longlong. She told me how her whippet had been hit by a car a month before. She was very upset and I also started to get upset, compounding this by imagining if the same had happened to longlong. I think dogs/pets help to level us and help us to keep connected to other humans in this increasingly isolated world.....

Today our little Pei is 8 weeks old. The time has passed so quickly and he has grown so fast. I have tried to take stock of those first weeks getting to know him and his cues. It feels like life is starting to return to 'normal' now, or at least adjusting to having a new person in the family. Everyday seems to be more meaningful as I look into his eyes and watch him smile when he sees me and listen to him gurgle and make sweet sounds (crying not being one of those sweet sounds). It has been the right thing to do at the right time for us in our life. It is comfortable now.

We received yet another amazing gift which I will post a photo of, but in the meantime have a look here for super cute stuff: lifebaby

No comments: