29 January 2007

my treasure

Babies would have to be the biggest time wasters. I did not know how quickly days and nights would pass with this little treasure. It is a wonderful time and we are starting to enjoy life and watch him grow and change. It seems that days pass in a heartbeat so taking stock of each day is important. I am trying to do at least a small drawing a day to keep creative and mark time so 'this time' just doesnt become a fuzzy memory....I'm sure as his sleep predicability during the day becomes more real, I can do more. I do agree that 'live in a messier house' which is suggested by most books and resources is actually quite stressful when youre used to a relatively neat living space. So my drawing/free time gets cut into by the desire to not have manky piles of clothes in the laundry or skanky bits on the floor. I'm not manic but try to do as much as I can, either with or without babybjorn strapped on. I dont mind having almost every moment taken up by him, but I still like to make time for my husband and me, even if its just 30 mins (give or take) each day at this stage.....


No comments: