18 February 2009

a couple of bits...

Look what I can get done without any internet...it says a lot about how much time I spend sitting here!! Here are some characters I made for a 'friends tree'. I'm not sure what is happening to my English but it also happened last time I was in Japan. By the way, this year is the 10 year anniversary of my first trip here! (and the 5th year I have lived here......kanpai) So really, my Japanese should be excellent.....why isnt it?

In celebration of my proud Japanophilia, I made this book bag using the fabric designed by a very cool Japanese designer Shinji Katoh. BTW, I never use a pattern for any of these creations ( a danger where things often dont work and fabric is wasted) so, it is something I hope to learn how to do this year! Noice :)

No comments: