26 February 2009

march...

I have decided for the month of March I will attempt to get no extra plastic bags. I have so many and its time to make a stand and see just how well I can go. I made this sign and stuck it above the door handle so every time I go out I remember to take my own bags. I'm a sporadic user of my own bags and need to make it a regular thing. I read a Melbourne persons blog that she never buys anything wrapped in plastic. I think this is an almost impossible task for a Tokyoite, so I'm just starting small and hope it will become my habit....maybe move onto other plastic things when I get over this hurdle. I also want March to be 'no extras' month, which means nothing extra except for food and bills. I did it a few months back and saved a lot more than I expected. Ganbarimasu :) On another note I'm sending out a prayer to all those people close to fire danger this coming weekend, may you and your families be safe.

No comments: