5 October 2007

lunch

Sometimes I like to get out of my neck of the woods, just for a little while and the Vic market provides this little opportunity. As it is school holidays there is a lot going on there as well as the usual food and goods to buy and animals and buskers to see. It is easy to park and always refreshing to breathe in another atmosphere. They had the best baby animal farm with two piglets that were pink with black spots, so adorable. Pei was soaking up the sights and sounds and there was so many things to talk about. We walked around to the very famous American donut caravan and HAD to indulge in the jam donuts, they are sooo good make make me feel soooo sick afterwards.....I love to go to the European section with cheeses, dips, breads, pasta and coffees. It always makes me feel like I am overseas somewhere in Europe. I bought the above pieces to make a simple and beautiful lunch. Garlic and parsley fettuccini, pesto to stir through, fresh parmesan to grate over top and a lovely loaf of rye and sourdough bread (that last for several days-bonus)...I also bought these lovelies below - eggplant and capsicum and ricotta angiolotti......to be eaten with rattatoulie...so good. I am even more motivated to cook nicer and nicer meals since Pei eats the same food as us...I also stopped into one of my very favourite stores parlour



No comments: