1 December 2006

a little break

I'm going to be away for a week or two while I have my baby. Wishing you all an excellent lead up to x-mas with all the preparations and gift organising. I have not finished everything I wanted to, noticing especially when I turned over the calendar today and saw December 1st. All the small jobs I planned to do this year seems to have been complete but in turn created more. I have however, completed the major part of the garage reno, now complete with carpet, rendered walls and broadband internet. The couch is coming tomorrow and we will slowly fill the room out. I did not finish my feature painting for the wall :( I did get all my x-mas ornaments sent out, which I am very happy about and managed to finish all my card orders.

As for the baby room, well, I calculated about 7 days work on the cot alone.....and still not happy. We were still screwing it together this morning. So the room is clean and clear and we have a total of a chest of a drawers and a cot. No mural or coloured walls or groovy handmade mobiles as I had planned.....I still have those plans but will integrate them in my new life.

We are both very excited and cannot wait to meet our little boy. All the things left undone can wait as this is by far the most important thing I have done.

No comments: