31 August 2009

back again..!

Hello.....my family has now returned safe and sound back to Melb...and so did the 20+ kg extra in shopping!.....it was the most fun, fun, time together, shopping and looking and eating and drinking and enjoying and talking and laughing and shopping and some more shopping...did I mention they went shopping?...well, it was so great!...and if you are going to shop, you might as well do it in Tokyo.....I already know how much I will miss the food and clothes and just amazing variety of shops when we finally return to Oz.....talking to my family only confirmed it....but what you get in stuff here you have in space at home and I think I can forgo the stuff in favour of the space.....
...from now on, each time I pass a vending machine that has coke 500ml + 150ml for 100yen (or so) I will think of my bro in law....he was so impressed.....
....we went to an awesome Ai Wei Wei show at the lovely Mori gallery. I loved that show....it hit the spot for me with the general, growing curiosity about China, its people and cultures and how these things will affect the world when it finally takes the lead..in everything.....it made many of my intangible or unclarified thoughts about China, tangible and more clear...and many of his works are made by super craftspeoples, wordworkers..... just such beautiful objects to look at...I took Mooey also, one exhibit you can put your head inside, like a large wooden box....but he bumped his boofer on the way out, no damage to either, just a large echo in the gallery, ooops factor x 100...the attendant almost had a heart attack....we moved on quickly, sorry Mr Ai.....
...we took some time in kitchen town and got some knives, very nice knives, real cooking knives, ones for either left or right hands, ones that last a lifetime and made by real humans....kitchen town is one of Tokyo's finest shopping districts and so unique to Tokyo.....later, we ate some kind of fighting chicken for lunch...
...too many peoples and shops made everyone crave for space so we spent one day in nature....no, this photo is not from my holiday in Austria, although it could be mistaken, it is in fact about an hour or so out of Tokyo....amazing, beautiful.....
lovely and relaxing. I had the best time with my family, I miss them already.....a typhoon is coming through today...very heavy rain, blustery winds...I feel just like that....and my loved one also left for a trip.....so for the meantime, just me, the mooch and the pooch.....and a big bag of violet crumbles.....

1 comment:

Di said...

Wow - it sounds like they had a great trip and the countryside there looked beautiful. I loved Tokyo when I visited earlier this year - but it was only 2 days of a 14 day trip so I really really want to come back! There is just so much to see!