29 August 2006

spring flowers


I went to the Botanical gardens in Melbourne on the weekend. I wanted to see what flowers have come out. My favourite Magnolia flowers were looking beautiful, with their deep purple and white contrating petals, surrounded by many, many types and colours of camellia. I love pinks and reds so these flowers make me feel very happy and calm. There was a lot of people out enjoying picnics, resting on the grass or just strolling with their friends and family. Even though it wasnt sunny, it felt like a sunny day. It has been a short winter this year, and quite mild. Despite this, I think everyone is getting sick of the cold mornings and nights and wants Spring to come. Judging by the many flowers already out, it looks like a nice spring season is almost here.

No comments: