26 November 2008

finished



I finished up my decs for the swap. They have a clip on the back so you can put them on the tree. My hope is that the little nest they are in now will suit any tree type and make it look like a little bird has nested there. I hope to get organised and make my own tree, I am currently using the spikey yucca but it just doesn't say xmas to me .....

I rediscovered the joy of dips. The kind you eat, like hummus etc...dips are hard to find here in Tokyo and really not part of the diet at all. Reflecting on what is found at an Aussie party, dips are right up there. So, we were invited to Thanksgiving at a neighbours on the weekend and we were asked to bring something Aussie....so after beer, I made some dips, lasagne, LAMINGTONS and a couple of other bits and bobs....YUM, it was so nice mixed with all the huge chunks of turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin things...lamingtons were a hit and I guess, they really are tasty and easy to make :)

Just a few weeks until we go home. To say I am excited is an understatement :)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Oh I love your little birds, what a gorgeous idea. I would love to theme our Christmas tree, but I am never organised far enough ahead and the girls tend to like glitz and quantity rather than tasteful restraint.

Are you coming back for Christmas or for good?