10 June 2009

brain space


some time away has made me even more enthusiastic about these illustrated cardboard creatures I have been making (and associated stories). I love making things from cardboard and cutting out these characters brings them to life somehow...I just collect old boxes from peoples recycling, if I don't have any myself.....just another thing to add to the list of things I collect from other peoples gomi...I have a couple of other kids related, fun things to do with painted cardboard and will show you soon :)

I happened to watch Courage:The Cowardly Dog over my holidays...I like it and it reminds me a little of Ren and Stimpy with a little less gross....damn that was a good cartoon......also a lot of old cartoons like Tom and Jerry, which to see now as an adult, are pretty clever given the time they were made, also, only a little dialogue with mostly 'classical' instruments, maybe an orchestra type arrangement (I'm not an expert) for the music.....now Im back at home, I realise we also have that channel on our TV.....(OK so it has been here all along...maybe more than 1 year), but sometimes you gotta step aside to see whats in front of you :)

1 comment:

loklok said...

i love the way u draw~
the fox is sooooooooooooooooooo cute! draw on borad is a realli gd way to bring the character alive~ also great for share/tell a story to children!
realli thx for sharing this great IDEA:>