29 June 2009

weekend peace

This is one of the 5 great lakes around Mt Fuji.....it is truly lovely! We have now ventured to all 5 and think this one (especially on the other side) is the most beautiful (minus the large yellow 'submarine' tourist boat...see it on the left...ugh....)...if you turn around, you can see a huge, silent, still snow capped Mt Fuji. I never tire of looking at it, even on a misty day like this one, it is awesome in its size and beauty. Unbelievably, in this area there are no 'nice' places to eat OR stay! Accommodation and food places that are there have been open since the 50's and never moved into this century.....
in another nearby area we just had a wander around these cabbage (I think) farms....if I were a cabbage I would like to live here....
next to the cabbage patch is the loveliest view.......hence my desire..... if I ever was a cabbage.....and was lucky enough to see this everyday :)

.....you can see a great view of Fuji from the car while driving into Kawaguchiko, another lake area and entrance to the other lakes, Mooey in the backseat said "Mt Fuji - not happy today....." being grey and covered in clouds - rainy season after all....very articulate! We started out early to avoid nasty traffic jams and the weather was predicted to rain around 12noon......so we had a great morning and about as we left about 12.15pm it started to rain....the accuracy of the weather prediction spooks me sometimes....on another note, there is also an info site about traffic jams so you can get an idea of how busy the roads are.....THAT is what I call an excellent service!
....So now we are back into the week, Mooch is sick with a cold, paranoia haunts me about H1N1 and if I need to get the test...he has no flu symptoms....maybe he just has a normal kid cold.....so I'm watching him without trying to pour my paranoia on him and divert our attention and imagination into some fun making of crafty stuff................
..and fooling with paints.....
..and glue......

1 comment:

Victoria said...

It always amazes me when you post pictures of your trips outside town how quiet it looks. I've always imagined that all of Japan is super busy and crowded, but clearly I know not of what I speak!