2 April 2010

my eye


I had something in my eye for a couple of weeks and tried to put it out of my mind, until it got so annoying that I went to the doctor. As it turns out, I had something, wood or plastic or glass or metal, embedded in the cornea, near the pupil, which needed a little operation to remove. Although I was a bit nervous seeing a large needle being stuck into my eye, I was relieved to get it out and surprised at how quickly the process from doctor to hospital to recovery occurred. As I get older I am more mindful of my health and maintaining it, eating well, exercising and sleeping well, so this was a little wake up call to remind me that even the smallest of health things need to be nurtured before they turn into big health things.
I didnt have to wear an eye patch, my inner pirate felt a little disappointed!

1 comment:

Sherleen said...

Hi there Paula, just read about your eye. Hope it's all healed up now!