29 August 2010

time for the flowers

It is time for the magnolias and blossoms to open and show their pretty faces. Unlike Japan, people dont go crazy for them here in Melbourne. The shops are not crammed with seasonally branded foods and drinks and there isn't anyone sitting beneath the trees having picnics and drink ups. In fact, there is no nightly weather map stating what will be blooming when and where! The trees say to me "here I am am", and they are on every corner and in every ones garden, but its only when I stop and look and smell and see that I can truly appreciate the moment. In Japan its more the people shouting "look at the blossoms"....... Either way, you can only enjoy them for about a week, a most magnificent and beautiful week, where they don't wait for you to make up your mind. I'm not sure which style of appreciation I prefer, maybe I like both in its correct context.....

....as for Spring rain and the raising of a boyish boy, what can I say? What does he say "LOOK AT ME!!!"....just like the blossoms......luckily for me, I can look at him my whole lifetime!

No comments: