28 September 2008

lost in translation reflection

I watched that movie last night...it just happened to be on....I remember watching it the firt time when I had just returned to Oz from 3 years in the west of Japan. I didnt know Tokyo very well at that stage but I loved the movie and it made me feel a little homesick for Japan. Now I live just a few minutes from where most of LIT was shot and I know all those images very well. So to now watch it I feel like it really is a first timers glance into Japan, all the weird and wonderful things that saturate your senses when you first arrive, especially in Tokyo. I am amazed at how quickly I have adapted to the very busy streets the huge volumes of people and noise and it kind of feels normal. I dont long for Oz yet, only because I know this experience will end soon enough. But, if we decided to live in Tokyo indefinantly I think I would be pretty miserable...so, I still really like the movie and watching it I realise it will serve as a great nostalgia for when our Tokyo days are over....

No comments: