3 September 2008

niceness

I always collect bits and bobs and nice books and mean to take photos of them but keep forgetting....so, here are some bits from an incredible trip to the 9 floors of stationary at the famous red paperclip shop itoya in the equally famous and super lah dee dah area of Tokyo, Ginza.
It was so amazing and one of those hyperventilation moments where there is just too much to look at and take in on the first visit. Typically Japanese, there was a huge jug of cold juice and cups to drink from in the entrance to greet the first few customers not to mention all the staff greeting you....(my car said 40degrees yesterday)....so, I just got a few goodies and will return when I have time to process what I might need another time......here are some super nice pencils

stamps and stickers...hmmm let me see......there are two floors devoted to stamps and stickers and then an additoonal basement with more stickers, stamps and seals....how I actually chose these amongst the thousands of options, Im not sure.....also they cost $2 each so I thought it was such a bargain.....

then the books................................this one sold itself...its a colouring book and pencil set for kids. But its not just your average colouring book which is why it is for me and not moo.


The colouring book is illustrated and has a story and you can fill in the bits that are blank. There were two more types, one with a map and associated stamps and stickers and the other was a series of figures and stamps and stickers and features so you can dress them and create their look. I wanted all 3 but settled for this one.....these books are so clever, well thought out, beautifully presented, amazing illustrations, a reasonable price, interesting and the list goes on. When I go to this kind of shop I already feel a little sad as I know there is nothing at home like it. I guess thats the beauty of learning to live in the here and now and enjoy it :)



No comments: