2 October 2008

the grassy garden?



As you know, I deliberate on spending too much time/money on this small patch we call a garden...but, recently the compound gardeners came and savaged the entire place and 'cut' the lawn, I mean turned it into a mud pit.....I thought it was inspiration for some new grass.....so, being a bit of an experimenter in the garden, I threw the seeds in, covered them with some turned over soil, which I did by hand with one of the Moos sandpit spades.....one of my less intelligent gardening decisions....and then threw some potting mix on top and mixed it all up. I gave it a good water and put some blue coloured (possibly scary) fertiliser stuff on top. To my pleasure, a typhoon was coming, which is really not so great for those in Taiwan who got the brunt of it, but it meant 3 days and nights of rain...now after just over one week, check out the greeness. Now, anyone who is experienced with growing grass might scoff at this picture (she's going to fail big time), well, for me, its all pretty exciting. My hopes are that in a few weeks (before it gets too cold), Moo and I will be out there playing lawn bowls and having picnics....I will keep you posted.....

No comments: