27 April 2009

...my absence

has been due to a quick, stealth trip to my hometown, Melbourne........I really love Melbourne.....

for its cafe and coffee culture....I really thought about this. Tokyo is not a cafe and coffee culture place and I realised that...but thats OK and nice to have something to compare my 'other' life to :).....I do love going to a cafe, in fact, I would say it is one of my favourite things to do.....babychino would be up there for the mooch....he is very good at saying it......followed by a please.....usually....

...nice to watch the barista make the coffee, especially if he is she is very friendly and has a chat (this guy was not one of those types but did make an excellent coffee)......


visiting the beach, with clean and clear water and white sand....just a short drive from the city.....and parking is plentiful and so is the space...for both body and mind....

walking on the pier, alone, in the sun and fresh smells of the sea...just one week and unexpected for my family (but one..thanks partner in crime Roy!!)....my Mum just about had a heart attack...maybe best to do this only once in a persons lifetime :)......but now back in Tokyo where the sun is shining and a gentle brezze in our small grassy garden. I am so lucky to have two homes. I missed my lovely Long Long...he was happy to see me too, an extra special nuzzle from him from his pointed nose showed me how much he loves me :)....life is just normal now, no adjustment, just slip from one world to the other...its just how things are these days, and we are lucky to benefit from it....I will miss tokyo when we leave because it is also a great place...important to live here and now....:)




1 comment:

阪戸みほ Miho Sakato said...

おかえり〜 welcome back, tokyo!

have a happy "golden" week:)