16 July 2009

Hi there

I've been lurking around these past hot days, fixing, sewing, drawing, sorting, filling up the splash pool, lots of bike riding on warm evenings, making lemon cordial and making that lemon cordial into icy poles, playing with the hose, washing the car......any excuse to be outside in the evenings...........its hot, 37 degrees yesterday......I will send some heat to you in Melbourne!

I made another sack dress using the lovely soft cotton Naomi Ito fabric....I just added some elastic on the waist and some fancy (*_*) binding and some simple stitches...looks good and with some leggins/spats underneath and feels as comfy as tracky dacks!
super fancy!....
and since I believe the cost of pillow cases, nice ones, is totally crazy, I thought I'd try to make my own...so simple.....next!

1 comment:

McFeisty said...

Clever you! Completely true, about the cost of pillowcases. I've been making mine for years. Seems the W-mart has figured out people use flat sheets for that and other decorating purposes, now the twin flat sheets cost twice as much as the fitted. Still WAY cheaper, even so! (Four pillowcases from one twin flat for $6.)