9 July 2009

other pretty things

I made this skirt using more of the beautiful fabric I had been storing away...no pattern, just copied another skirt of my own. I 'recycled' an old skirt slip and sewed it inside......
another 'recycled' slip I wasn't sure what to do with...just added and band of left over fabric to the bottom hemline...and a small ribbon of pink binding along the bottom edge......
and now I can wear it under dresses and skirts to add some length (good for bike riding).....when I say 'recycled' it means I have picked these things out of the PILES of clothes I see every week on the side of the roads....I am in the processes of making another 'sack dress' using some beautiful 'recycled' silk.....it has been most fun! More later......

1 comment:

Di said...

I love the slip under the dress look! In fact I would love to be wearing that outfit - just my style! Now if only I could learn to sew.