16 October 2009

sunny days, cloudy mind...

These days when I take the mooch to the park, I throw a couple of extra things in the pram, usually familiar and ordinary things. My hope is that, just by leaving them lying around, he can make new things from old things, try out creative thoughts and problem solving. It has been pretty successful so far and extends and adds another layer to our playpark time (which is any where up to 2 hours)....I'm getting sick of it by then.........but as have complained this week, the easy going previous weeks have been interrupted by a mooch that likes to argue, yell and bash, hit, kick and just be disagreeable.....man, its hard work being firm ALL THE TIME.....but, I know in the long run he will better understand what is expected of him and the boundaries he is allowed....I just take solace that even in the tough times, it is still mostly me who is shaping his early years (what an amazing job) and my main goal for him is that he is a happy and successful (in his measure) person during his life and I hope the things I have to keep him from doing, and rules he needs to know, helps him on his way.....

No comments: