1 October 2009

superstition

I am not superstitious. I live with a 'moderately' superstitious man so feel no need to be myself...but, just a day ago, both the clock in the kitchen and my wrist watch stopped, almost at the same time!...freaking me out a little. I only realised as I was walking along with the dog, thinking I had much more than than I did in reality. Those Seiko sponsored clocks you see everywhere on the streets of Tokyo sure was a help that day and really made me have a double take....I knew the kitchen clock had stopped but then realised my watch had stopped almost as I walked out the front door......maybe it is a message about my life in general, I have less time than I think to do what I want to do (not in a morbid way) so.... hurry up and do it!? or stop rushing and just stop or slow down and enjoy life.......so, I should either go faster or slower than I am...or simply, seek, manage and enjoy the balance.

1 comment:

Di said...

It does seem strange that they both stopped at the same time...I too would be reading something into it - I like your idea of slowing down/speeding up and finding the balance.....

I also love the drawing!!