27 November 2009

our dinner

I don't know if it will thrill you as much as it did me but I thought I'd note our dinner, or perhaps the significance of what we ate, because I bought it...and its the first time I have bought crab and squid (my husband usually buys the sea creatures). I then proceeded to clean and prepare the squid (after a few tutorials in the past years), there it is in the background marinating in sake, soy sauce and curry powder. It was cooked with lots of garlic, ginger, onion and spring onion. The crab was already cooked and cost less than $10. Being prepared by my loved one is a beautiful dipping sauce, heavy on the fish sauce, garlic, chilli and few secrets...that's the garlic above, yes, we are schtinky today! I know I cannot have access to such fresh, cheap and high quality seafood at home, mostly, the best stuff is exported here! So, I am taking the time to buy more adventurously in the seafood section, and it is so much fun. It is also wonderful for the mooch to poke, prod, play and learn about parts of sea creatures ("look, gills Mummy") and how to make good food that is very tasty and doesn't cost much and easy to prepare.
and a simple, at home lunch, for the mooch...artwork in kewpie mayonnaise...by the mooch. I love good food!...but I am also looking forward to some hot chips at the beach in an Aussie summer....xxx

1 comment:

Simon Udu said...

you are just like me, i also like good food and especially sea food.