5 October 2006

morning mayhem

I was taking our dog Longlong out this morning and while walking along minding my own business, another very vicious, nasty dog lunged and tried to attack him. The lead of the vicious dog snapped so the dog was going for it, I was stuck in the middle trying to pick up Longlong (he is about 14kg), he was terrified and pulling on his lead. I was so scared he was going to snap his lead and run onto the road. In the middle of this I fell over onto my knee and scraped it on the ashphalt while managing to pick up the dog. Both dogs were barking and yelling, I was yelling and so was the owner of the vicious dog. I guess people had a look but no one came to help. I was actually quite shaken and when I got home I burst into tears. I guess I was lucky I didn’t fall on or hurt my belly, or the dog didn’t bite my face as I was on the ground.
What do you do in this situation, except tell the person their dog needs to be dealt with? The owner did not offer any help, maybe she was just as shocked as me? I havent decided on a nasty dog strategy yet, but I will develop one, should it ever happen again and instead of having a sook, I can do something useful, like kick it in the head!!





No comments: