19 October 2006

pet project #1 and #2



I have set myself the task of 2 projects. One is to create the baby room which currently is the top photo, the other is the renovation of the garage into a studio/retreat, which is the lower photo. As you can see, there is some work to be done. There are grand plans ahead and a time frame to work with. I am quite excited as I have never done a DIY on the house before. Of course, carpenters and other tradies have been enlisted to do the hard bits but as for the decoration, thats up to me, with help from the labourer (my darling husband).
Have been thinking about materials for my xmas tree decorations and think that paper based ornaments next to lights might not be the best combination. I'm onto the next material which is a type of air dry clay. I think it might be a bit heavy, so will try a few experiments and see how they hold up. I dont think that material will catch on fire though, which is a bonus.....

No comments: