12 October 2006

summer comes early

Wow, what a stinker, its 30 degrees for 2 days in a row and its not quite the middle of October. I took the pooch out for a walk last night just on dusk, and it was so beautiful. Just a very warm breeze and the sky and indigo blue. One of my favourite trees is the lemon scented gum which has a smooth bark and lovely big branches. I saw one last night like a very black shadow against the indigo sky. I could smell the wet soil from freshly watered gardens and occasional wafts of flower smells like jasmine flowers. I like it when it is warm and you can get a glimpse of peoples lives through their open front doors, sometimes music is playing or the TV is on. I like to hear chatting. Usually if I walk at night time I am always worried about being attacked or at least being very on guard, last night I wasnt worried and just enjoyed that moment and walked quite slowly.

No comments: