14 November 2006

mongrel mo

Have I missed something or is the mongrel mo back for guys? In two days I have seen 3 separate young-ish guys with the old chops covered in hair. Being a child of a mongrel mo'd father for most of my childhood, I feel that I am in a time warp and possibly scarred for life.

I first noticed this mo in Nick Cave's image fairly recently, but he can carry it off, and no doubt it will be or already has gone. As for the rest of the guys, maybe not......The whole facial hair thing is such a personal choice but I cannot see how THAT kind of facial hair would be a conscious choice. It just seems weird to see a young guy with a mo. I know its totally normal in many other parts of the world for young guys to have mo's (but do you notice even when young guys come to Australia, from especially sub continent countries, the mo lasts about 2 days, never to be seen again). Maybe it is a fashion thing that goes hand in hand with another fashion bubble I seem to have missed which are those white pimp shoes.

I am struggling to find a good image of this mongrel mo but I'm sure you know what I mean.

No comments: