17 January 2008

pink and red love

As it happens when you start to clean up long forgotten boxes and pack up old piles of memories, it takes longer than you plan because all those old times come rolling back. I found this old photo of my sister and I. I think I must be about 5. Check out the lovely matching nylon trakkie tops and the musk pink pants on me. My love of pink and red started early!! I really enjoyed those days of playing with my sister. We used to play so many kinds of games and usually without too much fighting. We were free to do things that these days I would never let mini mooch do, such as be down the creek playing all day and come home for dinner, wander around and play sand castle wars at the beach and just generally be safe without being paranoid or preyed upon by some horrible person. Our peak succes at playing time was when we put on a circus, walked the streets calling for any kids who wanted to come along to do so (we got about 10), we had the dog dressed up for attraction. The venue was our back yard where we had the clothes line set up with a blanket as a curtain to draw back and close. The recruits (crowd) sat on a blanket and watched and clapped while we calastenic'ed, dog tricked and clowned our way through quite a few scenes. We even had prizes of icy poles from the freezer. We were budding entrepreners. Those things would never happen these days so its good to remember those free summer holiday days.

No comments: