4 April 2008

home things

I think its nice to have some plants around the home especially when they are as cute as this little beauty. So simply Japanese with a little bit of moss. This little plant and the pot is about the size of a large apple. I also didnt realise how nice it is to have curtains. I have been making do with sheets taped to the windows until my sewing machine arrived. The sewing machine has been en-route to Japan via Korea and Thailand and Malaysia (along with 11 other cartons of our clothes and furntiture) and still not here so I cant wait any longer. Last week two nights in a row, Mr Freaky Peeping Tom decided to make a visit to our bedroom window. This is such a common practice that when I mentioned it to the lady in the curtain shop she kind of rolled her eyes. There was no intent to enter our home (I dont think so anyway) but it is scary and gross that it happened. It is just that it happens all the time and almost everyone you talk to has had an experience like it, or had their underwear stolen from the washing line...f.r.e.a.k.y....anyway, strangely, I dont feel scared. Maybe because we live with shared walls to other houses that if something happened I could yell out.....PT hasnt returned, maybe the new curtains are doing such a good job our place is no longer any good for voyueristic pursuits....I really like our new home, it is shaping up to be in a very good location and is very light and airy, and now we have curtains and plants it feels like we have arrived. Speaking of which there is washing to do and junk to clean up coz my loved one returns home from a long trip soon and I would like the house to be a bit neat.


No comments: