10 April 2008

I might have stooped too low...



but before I go into that....this dude above was the guy who served me at the licencing place today. When you're sick you wear a surgical mask so you dont cough your goobies all over everyone. I think its a great idea especially on a packed train. Anyway, I have to get my Japan licence which involves a lot of running around just for a simple task. It is these kinds of things that after a while drives you completely mad. So, after a very intense one way discussion, that is, this guy above speaking in very fast Japanese, which I dont understand, except the sit down, sit down, bit. So, after an hour of waiting with 50 million others, knowing I still had to buy some stamps which prove you have paid the licence fee (from another window) then you submit again and wait again, then choose a pin number and submit and wait again.....and I didnt have a passport photo.....luckily my loved one was with me and found a manky one, a few years old in his wallet. I was sure I was going to get told I needed more stuff and I couldnt get it today.........so, then I get a call from daycare to say the mooch has just done some serious poopage and is in a bit of a screaming fit so I might want to come and get him. I KNOW he has 5 teeth coming through at the moment and is a little screecher, so not too surprised by the news but a bit worried. So I collected my 10 bits of information from the guy with the mask. I asked him if it was better to come first thing, he said yes, but they are always busy. I would think so with 50 million customers, 2 counter staff and 2 people processing the licences! We got stuck in serious traffic on the way to pick up the mooch but while on the way got another call to say he had fallen asleep. As it turns out I think they just were covering themselves coz he is fine. Before leaving the licencing place, I did get the stamps after I paid the fee and got a better photo, so I hope to bypass the system a bit and save some time. It also may be my downfall as I didnt follow the proper order....will keep you posted.

I said I may have stooped too low.....well, no one goes through the hard rubbish except the homeless people...and me. There are literally bags and bags of clothes and hard rubbish in the collection spots every week. There are no thrift/op shops so people throw their good stuff in the rubbish!! And , because everyone updates their things every season just about, there is a never ending collection of stuff. It would be so good to have some kind of collection of these things to then send to people who have no clothes. I did meddle with this idea in my last time in Japan...it was going to be the full time work of 10 people and thats just for a town of 4000. Imagine Tokyo....anyway, there was a great Japanese style coffee table, a low one, black laquer, not new but great for a making table with the mooch. I did a few laps, weighing up the options, and then, in the pouring typhoon rain, pushed the mooch in the pram with one hand and carried the rather large table back home. I have cleaned it up and it is great. I so think people saw me, so I am waiting for some back lash. My loved one said 'so youre bringing junk back home now?'...........but he hasnt seen it yet.....

No comments: