16 June 2008

the grassy garden



I have returned to the old days! We have grass but the garden is so small it doesnt need a lawn mower. So, every couple of weeks I get out these choppers and cut the grass, rake it up and put it in the recycling. I actually enjoy it, it is good exercise and moo loves hanging out while I do it. Of course this requires very careful poop scooping before said task is performed due to close proximity to the ground...it also feels like a job well done when I look out the window and things are nice and neat. I am always in a quandry about whether the invest any more time and energy into this small garden. It is the double edged arguement, this is a rental and we will move on so why invest the time and money but on the other hand, I like to live in a nice environment and I like being in the garden and doing gardening......bring on the inflatable splash pool!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry about tomorrow!!! Enjoy the time you spend in the garden AND enjoy your garden!!!! I'm sure whoever takes your place in the house, once you move, will love what you create!!!