22 June 2008

toothbrush wars

Every parent or carer of young kids as some stage has to go through the toothbrushing wars...we are still in the middle but making some progress. Thanks to some handy shaped toothbrushes, some random toothpaste found in my darlings wash bag, cute water mug and a TV snippet. Yes, part of the kids TV program, kind of like playschool, has a 30 second snippet of kids brushing their teeth and then their parent helping them. It has a little song to it too. So at toothbrushing time, I start to sing that song, moo gets it immediately. He actually makes kind of a ssss ssss ssss sound (meaning toothbrushing time) and when heading towards the bathroom at any time of the day starts ssss ssss sssing. This is really positive for me. The actual brushing requires some good and firm wrestling tackles coupled with lots of encouragement and singing of the song. Most days are great and some days are not. This seems to be the lot of the toddler parents :)

1 comment:

Linnea said...

That is a really good idea! I wanted to share something else, I brought with me some tooth brush holders that are shaped like animals to my cousin's children, and they loooove playing with them, and have started approaching this whole thing with toothbrushing quite differently... and the good thing is, my cousin is really happy cause the brushes are protected and don't catch bacteria while they are in there! i got mine at the zoo, but i think they can be found online too, they are called My Flipper, or something like that!