2 December 2008

the end and the beginning...

Nearing the end of the year means time to think about the new year and clean up the remaining things from this year and hopefully pave a clean path for new and exciting things to come. In terms of what I can do as an almost full time mama and keep the brain working I have realised a few things. I cannot do everything. Now, this is not a major realisation for most people who already got to that place but I just got there!! And, it feels like a relief! So, as my main priority is being a mama, which is exactly where I want to be, I need to let go of the anxiety that I have keep doing so much more and more and more on top of being a mama. And this is mostly in the realms of how I can keep my brain moving/my part time self employment. So, to simplify my life I'm shutting down my website and using a blog instead, it far easier and cheaper. I'm no longer going to sell wholesale to shops or do custom cards and stationary. I will still make cards and bits and bobs to sell through my etsy shop and focus mostly on illustration jobs. This seems to be such a simple solution to my self imposed pressure and already feels decluttered in my mind. I have thoroughly enjoyed my custom jobs and selling to stores and it is a thrill to see my cards in lovely shops but living away from Oz and with the current variations in currency it just isn't worth it. I have one last order to ship off to a lovely gallery in QLD and then thats it!! So, with a new year just around the corner and a new blog for illustrations, I am feeling happy. I will maintain this blog for lovely friends, family and readers and of course my 'one second life' photo journal of weird and wacky stuff in Japan.

1 comment:

M.Y. said...

Hi Paula

Can I make a link of your blog to mine?
A friend of mine recommended your blog to me,
I love your illustration, photos and the craft work you make...how lovely!

I am afraid my blog is in Chinese, but you can still browse the photos there. : )