14 December 2008

ummm

A very rainy day today.................................

I realise its been a little while since I last posted! I really havent had much to say!...a little unusual for me I know :) the days are counting down until we leave for our Oz holiday and I havent really go that much to do. I think when going to a familiar place there is far less to pack because you know everything about the destination. I also realise how important it is to enjoy the moment you have, like our Tokyo time, because soon it will end or change and I dont want to leave here and feel the whole time I was hoping or feeling like I should be somewhere else. And for the most part I think I have been here in mind and body. I have been thinking a lot about this year, as you do at the end of any year, and reflect that I have done a lot of things and although Ive been a full time mum I have done a lot of stuff in addition to that. I plan to write my yearly wrap up and then take off for a few weeks. I dont intend to blog but I will keep reading my favourite blogs when I get access to a computer - and I will note a list of them too (always a source of inspiration and motivation and sometimes just visual and imaginative delight)!

This huge xmas tree is in the neighbourhood. It is stunning, especially when it gets dark. Illuminations, or thousands of lights and music covering streets, buildings and parks are very popular at this time of year and it is so beautiful and feels magical. I hope soon that the Myer windows will grow into something like these kinds of illuminations because they really feel like Christmas! Sorry for being a bit of a hermit and thanks always for your lovely comments and words :)

No comments: