7 May 2009

dogs bed re-made...

... its been a long time coming.....poor Long Long, his bed has been so manky for so long.....not dirty but just old and frayed and broken zipped......I made a deal with myself that I could not buy any more fabric from any craft shop until I actually made something...this fabric was bought for another failed project but has been revived now!! :)
I used the former manky bed cushion cover and cut off the old, broken zip and excess, frayed fabric. Inside, I use two folded woollen blankets instead of said manky cushion, so I needed to make a kind of envelope arrangement as I didn't want to use another zip. I am yet to secure the opening as I will trial over a few days different options. I have nightmares about cute buttons being chewed and injested....my bank account cannot afford another expensive vet visit...so will find the best solution as the days go by...


...and I added an edge to the blanket, because a whippet cannot sleep without a cover...what a prince :) much loved, mind you! The fabric is by Utako Yamada and has buzzy bees with tea pots in their hands and biscuits and spoons.....beautiful!


No comments: