4 May 2009

lucky day

I turned 36 last week! Feels like it's old but I dont feel too old. I had such a nice day! There have been several things I have wanted to try but never had a reason to go out and buy them so this was my chance :) The first is the famous pastry chef Sadaharu Aoki who's geen tea eclairs (like the one above) are famous worldwide!.....and goodness, so nice. Filled with a kind of custard with green tea or matcha flavour, goooooodness. Of course the buying experience was all part of it. Shopping at the lovely Isetan which is an upmarket department store, is a place to see and breathe in. The service, store environment and quaility of goods is like nothing I have seen. The cost of most of the things is also high but worth it for a few small goodies :)

..the next thing on the list was the macron...I have been wanting to try them for ages.....and well,....I thought they were good....but might go for the Aoki san eclair next time:) I also got a small birthday cake to sing along and have the candles....it was so nice..I received some really lovely pressies (thanks lovely ones) which I will show a couple later...coffee goods, jewellery, books and a new laptop!! Hopefully my computer woes will now be over?!

And, this crafty project arrived on my doorstep :) the magazine Cotton Friend which is mostly a sewing/craft magazine, did a little project with me and the mooch! My photos are a little dark but you get the idea. It was a lot of fun.
thats us....
I was set a little project about making something out of plastic shopping bags, a hard task, unless you want to weave or melt them, so I sewed them together to make a small, waterproof picnic sheet....I will put a bigger photo next time....mooey is sitting on it in the photo above.....we had planned to do the shoot in the grassy garden but it happened to be pouring rain that day so we had a little picnic inside :)

...and because he was so so co-operative, he was borrowed for a couple of other things...

...... our first foray into these kind of printed things and it was a great experience!! Watch this space :)

3 comments:

阪戸みほ Miho Sakato said...

*happy birthday* i like Aoki's sweets very much too:)

thanks you for your nice projects!

Creative Busy Bee said...

Yes! I find you from the book I had just bought from 'kinokuniya'.

Hello Sandwich said...

Ow you clever little thing! Omedetou! What a great Japan memory to take with you when you come back to Oz!
xxx