28 August 2007

here it is


Finally, here is the dress made by my dear friend missy h for me to wear to my sisters wedding. It is made from obi fabric and kimono fabric. It is quite stiff so when you wear it, it sticks out from the sides, you could probably wear a tulle skirt under it to give it some real lift, very lovely. I am looking forward to sewing my own creations soon, but as my sewing skills are limited I am sticking to cusions, pram blankets, sewing designs onto flannels and bibs and sewing things onto pre-existing clothes. I have the fabrics, now, just to find some time......

1 comment:

Mummy Bear said...

It is stunning!!!! The best bridesmaids dress I have ever seen. I would love love love to own a dress like that...with the red shoes it is just a very special creation for a very special person...I bet each piece of fabric tells its own story about the "owner" too. I'm very envious.