8 August 2007

scented garden





I wanted to plant a scented garden, meaning, plants that had flowers and fruits that smell very nice. I am not a green thumb but I do try hard. Now I am inspired to make a garden like the zoo and have a scented garden too. It will take some time. Here is proof of some delirious smells of the coming spring, daphne and cumquat and the lovely orange blossom flowers (which have been spent). I have tried the gardenia and the dwarf magnolia and the jasmine, all of which are hanging in there but because of the drought and not much skill of the the gardener, they are just leaves with no flowers. I plan to revamp the garden over the coming weekends and put in some new lavendar, poke around the local nursery, move things around and do some "loaming". Loaming is an invented word by my husband, it basically means tilling. The soil involved in loaming is called "loamus"....So I hope to get some loamus and mulch into the ground and encourage some lovely smells to grow.

No comments: