11 August 2007

what we saw




I would have to say Federation square in Melbourne is one of my favourite places to visit. It always has interesting things to see and they are usually free. I took Pei to see a concert and event with Aboriginal singers, songwriters etc performing and general info about the 1967 referendum to allow Aboriginals the right to vote. It was very interesting and Pei was rocking out to the music. Following the theme we went inside the NGV to look at the exhibits created by Aboriginal artists. Its been a while since I really looked at Aboriginal art, and I'm so glad I took the time. As I talked to the baby about the colours and shapes and things that we could see, it really came alive. I took some very bad photos so you will have to believe me when I say that two works by Tommy Watson in all my favourite pinks colours was just so beautiful. It was a great afternoon and just enough culcha for one day, enough to keep the mind and soul alive.


No comments: