5 August 2008

input day

For sometime now I have been wanting to have a weekly 'input day'. This means a day (or sometime during a day) where I go and see something inspirational, creative, colourful, enriching or fun but all related to being creative or at least a creative spin (input day does not include going to the supermarket...). It is also kind of a treat (sanity -reality haven) as I can go when Moo is in daycare. I have found I have much better quality output when something goes in. And, it is always a wonderful feeling to be inspired and impressed by others peoples imaginations. I had the luck today to kick the 'input day' wheels in motion. I visited this awesome gallery to find it was full of interactive exhibits, things to really make you ooh and ahh! A sculpture called 'juggler' by artist Gregory Barsamian was so cool. If you have some time to play the videos Im sure you too will get a huge kick from how clever he is! There were other great things to do and dark rooms to walk in and participate in other peoples ideas. So refreshing. My darling has taken off again to work and some r&r in blue waters...so Moo and I are heading back to the boonies of Japan. The place I used to live (about 7 or 8 yrs ago). It is best known for its eldery population and therefore dwindling population and never ceasing roadworks. What I think is wonderful about such an outwardly boring place is that the people are just so lovely and the beaches are CLEAN!!! So, Im going to the beach this weekend....sooo, sooo looking forward to a swim in nature. Photo above is some wrapping paper I'm making to cover the gifts for said lovely peoples :)

No comments: