23 August 2008

making stuff

I've been doing lots of drawings but kind of feel I'm going in circles...I have started to use paints again but I'm very rusty. I'm not too sure if this is the right thing to do as in addition to making some curtains, working on several card ranges, continuing my illustration folio for work in Japan and for my website devt, among other bright ideas...is it any wonder I'm just making a lot of stuff and feel like not much progress.....at least not much direction....I'm sure I will be steered again soon. If I clear my desk it will hopefully clear my mind and I can start to make some cuts here and there and have some nice neat progress. In saying this, the whole creative process is not about keeping organised and neat and tidy. For me, the exciting ideas, inspirations and accidents cannot flow with all the ends tucked in neatly. This means that the stuff on my desk might have to stay there a few more days.......all in the name of creativity of course!!

No comments: