27 August 2008

menu and the ability to read it



I mentioned I had changed my shopping habits to try and cut down on wasted food at the of the week and try to save a few extra $. I spent some time creating several weeks of food plans (which was actually quite fun) and from these lists I made the shopping lists. Since week to week is a bit different when my loved one is away, these plans dont always work but when everyone is home it works a treat. Having never really shopped with a strict list I now realise how much time I have wasted wandering around thinking of possible dishes and things to make....hence so many wasted veges (especially). Above is this weeks plan and its so good!! I dont have to start worrying about 4pm what I'm going to make for dinner and all the ingredients are there and ready. I mean, its not brain surgery to figure this out, just a conscious change of habit, and that takes some effort. But already it is a very rewarding change.

In addition I had an eye test today, prompted by some severe and prolonged headaches and yes its true, I'm getting old....I need glasses, just for close up work......the test was actually quite fun but one of my eyes is actually quite bad.....Im afraid I will end up like a little mole or worse with a milky eye....it is a just a matter of accepting the changes as you get older, grey hairs, etc....really its just the surface stuff because I think, with time, the inside gets better at understanding this world and our life and just keeps getting better :) .....Oh, my glasses are pink with sparkly diamentes on the top corners.....

1 comment:

zeliaevora said...

pink glasses and you're complaining?
:)