24 February 2009

illustration friday-instinct

I found it hard to connect with my instinct while pregnant and now even as a mother. Probably because I live in a modern world where I have been bombarded with so much information, rights, wrongs, alternatives, options, expenses, responsibilities, pressures, illnesses and conditions..... etc etc......I guess I rarely use any of my instinctive natures, not just the ones relating the bearing children.....I wonder if any of us modern day humans have many instincts left at all.....

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Beautiful illo!

Atsi-Batsi said...

Aaw, this is a great illustration. I'm sure a lot of moms will be able to relate to this.

tsu-mina said...

Nice way for illustrating motherhood. Nice!

Sónia Cântara said...

Lovely idea! Love the simplicity of the draw!

nella gatica said...

lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!;)

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

I'm sure your instincts are still intact! Sometimes we have to block out all that other stuff.
I love your illustration---the colors, concept, and simplicity! Sweet!!