17 February 2009

legwarmers remade...

When it comes to leg warmers, Japanese women sure know a lot about them. I think Tokyo is the best leg warmer viewing place in the world...in terms of ways to wear them. There are never ending combinations of colours and textures...wonderful :) For the upcoming springs and autumns of the respective hemispheres they are just the ticket under a skirt or dress.......so Im going to get right into it this season.......I found a lovely piece if cord fabric sticking out of bag in someones garbage...ugh, I know, but I'm telling you, there are thousands of bags of clothes that go directly in the rubbish every single day, and its such a shame to see it go in the back of a truck. I dont get in the rubbish up to my elbows but if something is on top and hasnt yet been peed on by a dog, then I take it home.....much to my loved ones disgust...anyway.........This nice fabric happened to be a mans shirt, so I chopped off the arms, keeping the buttons and cuff facing towards to ankles, made a small hem and put in a ring of elastic and check it out!!!

.................and an even bigger bonus as that you can tuck your jeans into them for a nice way to stop your jeans getting stuck in the chain of your bike, even though a rubber band will do....but Tokyo is style city after all!!..........
and yes, the shoes arrangement is considered completely normal riding gear.......

No comments: