21 February 2009

morning snack

Here's a nice mini rice ball I made this morning.........it is made of playdough though! It is so real!

The playdough set came with this stamp which you use to make rice...it is the cutest thing I have seen for a while and maybe I bought it more for myself than the mooch?

The theme of the set was making bento lunch boxes and also came with the above moulds......and a small lunch box to put your creations in, also some mini chops sticks and some maps on how to mix colours and make the specific foods. The title of the foods are written under each mould "steak", "omurice", "hotcake" etc...it is so truly lovely, durable and cute and something I hope to keep well beyond my Japan days. Inside the blue mould above, is a circle in the bottom right hand corner, the small square you see inside the circle (a hotcake/pancake), is reserved for the 'butter' which sits on top of the hotcake.......amazing.......I also love how symbolised these moulds are. Everyone (well, almost) in Japan would instantly recognise these images as they are pretty uniform throughout the country.

1 comment:

Hello Sandwich said...

CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!