22 January 2010

condensing time

This lovely animal has drifted into his old routine, even letting Mooey chase and bash and bother him, without any retaliation.....he is such a good boy.....I have been trying to appreciate the passing hours as these will be my last with this big, little boy, while he is little. I'm trying not to over think the many hours in daycare v's work experience and feel excited for both of us to do a new thing involving a lot of growth, it is a good thing!.....growing up!.......but often, to get there is a bit of hard work on the heart and mind......
so taking time to absorb beautiful images and word by SO-EN a delight to read. Thanks again to the magical Miho, who is now my living portal to Tokyo!....
After discovering the local library I borrowed quite a few books, notably these excellent, illustrated stories.....Special Kev (above) has the most creative and funny illustrations and the story and terminolgy used is so Australian!...I was having a chuckle at the use of words for a red head, "blood nuts, carrot tops, ginger nut"....so funny, I had forgotten these stinging schoolyard words which probably scar red heads for life.....
and this very cute story of old timers, Goldilocks and the 3 bears, The 3 little pigs etc....beautiful colours and illustration style, I really love this book! It is illustrated by Anne Wilson. I will look for a link!

No comments: